259 N. Orange St
Orange, CA 92866-1414
(714) 997-1973 – (Home) (714) 633-0837 (FAX)
· Age 58. Member of Orange Coast UU since 1980. UU for over 30 years.
· Married to Nancy Loughrey. Three grown children
· Occupation: Health Care management.
· Board president, Vice-president, Treasurer, Trustee (about ten years plus of Board level service)
· Current chair of Personnel Committee and member of Long Range Planning, Nominating.
· Current Treasurer and Board Member (five years) of AIDS Team Ministry providing meal delivery to HIV infected persons.
· Previous member of Building and Grounds, Finance committee, Steward on Endowment Fund, Worship Services committee
· Chaired task force on young adult participation and family participation
· Chaired annual canvass on numerous occasions
· Chaired semi- annual service auctions on numerous occasions
· Religious Education teacher
Pacific Southwest District
· Former member of Board of Trustees and candidate for president in 1987
· Former Board member and President of deBenneville Pines. Member of George deBenneville Society. Member of Finance Committee, Nominating Committee and other committees and task forces. Negotiated original hire contract with Camp Manager, Janet James.
· Former member and chair of District Extension Committee
· Former member and chair of Leadership Development Committee
· PSWD Nominating Committee
· Current one of two district Compensation Consultants (8 years). Have provided on-site consulting and support for more than half the congregations in the district over the past eight years.
· Have led numerous Board retreats, training sessions, search committee retreats and growth retreats for various congregations in the district.
· Currently on the South Bay, Long Beach, OC marketing group for special campaign this fall.
Unitarian Universalist Association
· Compensation Consultant for eight years. In addition to PSWD service I have provided compensation consulting services to congregations in the Pacific Northwest District and the Mountain Desert District.
· Have provided training workshops for national compensation consultants meetings and served on special task forces.
· Have served as a member of the General Assembly Volunteer Committee as the Usher/Teller coordinator for GA in Long Beach (head usher under Tom Stapelford), Fort Worth and St. Louis.
· Multi-year Friend of the UUA (stewardship)
· Current Moderator/co-manager of the UU-Money list; a list serve for UUs with congregational interests in financial matters. Five years.
· Appointed as Trustee to the UUA Board of Trustees by the PSWD Board.
· Serving on the 2006/07 Growth Working Group of the UUA Board.
· Board member and President of Old Towne Preservation Association, a group dedicated to preserving the historic architecture and culture of Old Towne Orange, California’s largest historic district.
· Board member of Orange Chamber of Commerce
· Board member and president of local Federal Credit Union
For more than thirty years as a UU, and with twenty-five of those years in the PSWD, I am dedicated to congregational growth and vitality at every level of congregational service. Growth occurs when healthy congregations are reaching out to their communities with opportunities for spiritual and human development, social witness and action, and creating intimate caring communities for each other for every person. My work will be to provide resources to maximize those opportunities for every congregation in our District. I ask for your support to continue this good work.